MENTAL HEALTH TAKE A GOOD LOOK IN THE MIRROR
Hey its your Girl JA Nursing, Hope all is well, its raining outside today! guess its better than snow right? so yesterday the air was thick with alot of RIP's for the lovely TITI Branch who committed suicide on December the 5th 2014. The air was dim but people were certainly aware of Mental Health and its Effects. The all out question would be why would such a beautiful successful women take her Life She did it? but today is a new day we can't get back lost time so lets start this day fresh
So heres to a new day Smile for me, I'm smiling are YOU?
This story for me is just another story, sounds cold hah but thats not what I mean. Being in nursing for so long has only opened my eyes to the many issues that face both adults and youths. I always say that there is a fine line between Mental Health awareness and support for Mental Illness. For this reason this whole situation quite often goes under discovered and under treated leaving alot of people with out the right resources.
On December 5 2014 marked the 12 year anniversary of my Big sisters Death.
By now people may or may not know that her death fueled alot of anger for our health care system. Leaving me with a terrible drive to figure out our health care system and strive to find answer and make changes.
The Wall Of Awareness: spoke to our youths they had many questions towards Mental Health and overall Health. This wall of awareness gave youths a great opportunity to challenge their knowledge with MYTH BUSTER, As well the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers in a language that they understood. Thank you Toronto Community Housing. THE Wall of Awareness Was a Success. S/O Esther Payne and the rest of the coordinators of IF I RULED T.O
YOUTH SUMMIT TORONTO COMMUNITY HOUSING If I Ruled Toronto
Through my community division JA Nursing I have several workshops one of which include Youth mentoring and Mental Health workshops. I also include components that we can work with parents to learn to identify early needs. I especially love working with youths because young girls and boys with unresolved or unidentified emotional issues. Can potentially turn into troubled adults still seeking for the right answers. As a Nurse working in a Hospital I most often get the opportunity to see many cases of adults being admitted with known mental health issues, and yet again I find my self asking the question why has their condition gone on so long without being noticed? Good Question Right?
|IF I RULED TORONTO NOV 29 2014 HEALTH WALL|
In one of my Introduction to Mental Health workshops For Microskills's "Discover You Mental Health Program" I start my sessions with theses questions
- 1 what does someone with Mental Health Look Like?
- 2 Who do you think gets/has Mental Health Issues? Adults children men women
- 3 Do you think I have #mental health Issues?
You can respond as well or feel Free to Contact me regarding More information on how to Break free.
- Eating or sleeping too much or too little
- Pulling away from people and usual activities
- Having low or no energy
- Feeling numb or like nothing matters
- Having unexplained aches and pains
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Smoking, drinking, or using drugs more than usual
- Feeling unusually confused, forgetful, on edge, angry, upset, worried, or scared
- Yelling or fighting with family and friends
- Experiencing severe mood swings that cause problems in relationships
- Having persistent thoughts and memories you can’t get out of your head
- Hearing voices or believing things that are not true
- Thinking of harming yourself or others
- Inability to perform daily tasks like taking care of your kids or getting to work or school
- Learn more about specific mental health problems and where to find help.
- Realize their full potential
- Cope with the stresses of life
- Work productively
- Make meaningful contributions to their communities
- Getting professional help if you need it
- Connecting with others
- Staying positive
- Getting physically active
- Helping others
- Getting enough sleep
- Developing coping skills
When in doubt test what people think they know this way I can teach them the right way.
Make sure TO like Our Facebook Page JA Smith Consulting and Nursing Services for your chance to Receive Your personalized free Health and Social consulting session. You will see the results immediately a session full of insight.