JOIN THE ME-TIME CHALLENGE SAY GOODBYE TO STRESS
























Hello,  it's your Girl JA Nursing here, Shake what your mama gave you it's a new day. Especially with all the disturbing news over the past couple of days,  I wanted to  check in with you.  I just came back from vacation but I came back to a lot of new changes in my life and a shortfall in my passion. So I thought to get back at it again with this blog.  Forgive me for my selfishness, but me time has to be started asap. I find that I spend so much time on others that I literally forget  about myself, even my vacation was focused on others and then I got sick while in Jamaica.  I don't know about you but by  Wednesday  my body screams  for me time. It's time to rediscover  alone time without feeling guilty; not only does alone time help you get in touch with your mental wellness but it is a true way of rebuilding on your thoughts.


 Without me time, you are setting yourself up for a prescription called stress. We all know that stress  can  take a toll on your  mind, body, and soul; to further highlight this fact, here are some rules to me time that if not followed you may experience these physical and mental signs, that  will let you know that it's  time for   ME TIME. 

Me time=  time spent relaxing on one's own as opposed to working or doing things for others, seen as an opportunity to reduce stress or restore energy.





Here are some #metime rules to follow: I know it may seem  hard especially with the kids being home from school.  but start with even 15 minutes a day, inform your children that "Mommy is going to take me time now. Just like any other relationship, it is important to set boundaries. Your children need to know that even though Mommy looks like "SuperWomen" she is not. 
I used to tell my kids with that stern Jamaican accent "It's My time Now"  and eventually they understood that it was better for Mommy to take a break then be flustered all day long. Remember children develop intuition very early, Both of my children always knew when something was wrong and would just come to me, and look  into my eyes.  So don't feel bad about explaining to your children that Mommy needs time alone.  You may think that this may be interpreted as rejection,  But the truth of the matter is, that we need to establish communicating about our feelings with our children sooner rather than later. This also aids in helping children to  grow up  with the understanding that everyone has feelings. It really is the start to good relationship building and communication with your child.   If you have more than one child eventually,  your older child will start  advocating for  you  by saying "leave Mommy alone she's taking me time now. LOL


Finding time for yourself is an essential  for creating healthy habits. By Taking charge of your health and happiness, you will lower your stress, become more productive, and have more energy.

Do things that feed you mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. You’ll become a better parent, spouse, and a more effective team player at work. Remember Don't use your me time to start folding laundry, cleaning up the house or picking up the toys left on the floor. It may seem uncomfortable like your missing out on something that needs to be done, It may even seem more stressful at first to leave things undone, but you'll have more energy if you take a little time off. Giving yourself permission to slow down and relax for a few moments a day, or a few hours each week, will help you gain a fresh outlook and a renewed sense of perspective. So try  these 10 Ideas for Mom’s Daily “Me” Time.


1. Go to the movies/ Catch up on a favorite show
2. Write something. Poetry, a letter, a short story, a journal, or blog entry.-- writing blogs calms me down
3. Dance  I do this every day at 1200 if I'm off work to my favorite station g98.7fm
4. Take a bubble bath with soft music, candles, and a glass of ice-cold sparkling cider in your best crystal flute.
5. Take a walk  Now my favorite thing to do 
6. Window shop 
7. Treat yourself to lunch. My favorite to do 
8. Take a nap. A real nap…flopping down on the couch doesn’t count! Get in bed, under the covers.
9. Buy some pretty underwear…the kind that doesn’t come in a 3-pack.
10. Catch up on your reading
Your body is your temple and if you are  are experiencing these signs your body is screaming for #metime  or a visit to the Dr's never ignore  the signs or  symptoms that your body is telling you

  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Sore neck or muscles
  • Chest pain
  • Physical or mental fatigue
  • Irritability
  • Feeling overwhelmed
  • Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
  • Waking up too early
  • A change in appetite, either eating too much or too little
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Difficulty problem-solving
  • Finding it hard to think clearly
Also, remember that the following health conditions can also  worsen if you do not choose to take control of your  health  with proper  stress management 

  • obesity
  • heart disease
  • Alzheimer's disease
  • diabetes
  •  depression
  • gastrointestinal problems
  • asthma


I look forward to hearing from you regarding ways in which you have decided to take charge of your Me time. 
This has been watching out for your health with Michelle Smith your Health And Social Advocate stay connected  If you are concerned about your health then take advantage of our ASK THE EXPERT  platform. Your opportunity to get professional advice regarding what you can do to be at your best health 


Find out what other entrepreneurs  are saying about how they find ME TIME at an event called  Entrepreneurs On the rise.   Your Homework is to figure out which day you will take for Your #MeTime even if it's for 15 minutes

This week tag your photo to my social media and let me see how you are spending your me time.

     Tel: (647) 271 8265            Georgia Pew




























Popular posts from this blog

Waist Trainers What You Should know Knowledge Is Power

Bye Felicia ! A Guide to Removing Emotional Vampires out of Your life

The African Entertainment Awards 2015 NOMINATIONS NOW IN CAST YOUR VOTE

Have You Heard That Eating Kale Is Bad For You? Find Out More

Are You Asking The Right Health Care Questions?

Are You thinking of seeing a Naturopath or a Homeopath?