Sean Penn files 10 million dollar lawsuit
Howard's defense: Howard alleges that it was Ghent who was violent towards him, the judge granted Ghent a restraining order against Howard in December of 2011.
Howard's defense: Howard filed assault charges against Yang for punching him during the melee, and both parties dropped criminal charges and settled in a private civil suit.
Howard's defense: At the premiere of Lee Daniels' The Butler, Howard told Entertainment Tonight's Nancy O'Dell that he wanted to "set the record straight":
- Globally the most common form of violence experienced by women is physical violence inflicted by an intimate partner. One in three women have been abused or subjected to gender-based violence in their lives.
- In Australia, Canada, Israel, South Africa and the United States, between 40 and 70 percent of female murder victims were killed by their intimate partners.
- Up to 70 percent of women experience physical or sexual violence from men in their lifetime — the majority by husbands, intimate partners or someone they know.
- Both intimate partner violence and sexual violence against women are major public health problems and violations of women’s human rights.
- Worldwide, up to 50 percent of sexual assaults are committed against girls under 16.
- As many as 1 in 4 women experience physical and/or sexual violence during pregnancy which increases the likelihood of having a miscarriage, still birth and abortion.
- Every year 5,000 women are murdered by their relatives to protect the “honour” of the family.
- Women and girls are still being forced into marriages against their will, particularly in Asia, the Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa. Over 60 million girls worldwide married before the age of 18 primarily in South Asia (31.3 million) and sub-Saharan Africa (14.1 million).
- Women who are beaten by their partners are 48 per cent more likely to be infected with HIV/AIDS.
- 2.5 million people are trafficked annually into situations including prostitution, forced labour, slavery or servitude. Women and girls account for about 80 per cent of the detected victims.
Is Violence Against Women Still A Serious Problem in Canada?“Violence against women and girls continues unabated in every continent, country and culture. It takes a devastating toll on women’s lives, on their families and on society as a whole. Most societies prohibit such violence – yet the reality is that too often, it is covered up. Let's continue to be aware of this growing situation. if you are a women suffering from abuse be brave and leave. Call 911 if you know someone in a abusive situation.
This has been your Social buzz with your health and social advocate if you or someone you know is facing abuse. we can help Advocacy is the heart and soul of Nursing. Contact Us http://www.janursingservices.com/stay-connected.html