Be Poor If You Want To Knowledge Is the Key

Dr. Boyce Watkins Interview On How Dame Dash Was Wrong & Getting Your Money Right!




Hi, it's  your Girl JA Nursing here,  a couple months ago I  watched the famous interview by Damn Dash.  This video is a highlight of Damn Dash's video.  I celebrated  my 39th birthday on September 4, 2015, and it has left me thinking about my world, my surroundings and what  I can do to help complete my journey of awesomeness.   As I start my new year  I'll  ask myself am I being pimped by my life?  Weekly I will blog about financial literacy topics. Financial literacy has been something that I have struggled with throughout my life due to  lack of knowledge.


  Below you will find some quotes from the video. I  encourage you to watch theses video.

I have always thought that socially we all have an obligation to change outcomes through our actions. 

So I will ask you the question,  are you being pimped by your life? if you feel stuck in your life then you have to make  an adjustment.

According to Dr, Watkins he says Life is short.  So, this time should be spent doing things you love with people you love and giving yourself to something greater than yourself.  That’s how you can make it all worthwhile. -Dr. Boyce Watkins 


Shift your life do you have options?  Do you  have FU money?  if you don't then you may have to make a change.

This is a community discussion..... "We need a nation of Builders"

We have to resurrect the pride of building and not borrowing

Corporations were not built for us

"You can't move into someone else s house and expect to shift around the Furniture"

"You can't judge the quality of a tree by the size of  the seed" every tree is going to start tiny"

The question is not to ask yourself about 2015 but to ask about 2115 what are we doing for our grandchildren and great-grandchildren

The $100 start up a book  a Must  read  according to

Through my journey of  life, I have realized that  Sometimes we get caught up in the fact  that a job is supposed to be given to us but we  are never educated on how to create our own titles as well. This Summer my Son Anthony spent the summer at Micro Skills a community organization in Etobicoke. He was guided by my good friend Andrae Walsh who ran an Entrepreneurship youth program. We have to get connected with organizations that will help you change outcomes for your children.  Thank You, Andrae



The economic philosophy of Black Nationalism only means that we have to become involved in a program of re-education to educate our people on the importance of knowing that when yous pend your dollar out of the community in which you live, the community in which you spend your money becomes richer and richer; the community out of which you take your money becomes poorer and poorer. And because these negroes, who have been misleading, misguided, are breaking their necks to take their money and spend it with The Man, The Man is becoming richer and richer, and you’re becoming poorer and poorer. And then what happens? The community in which you live becomes a slum. It becomes a ghetto. The conditions become run down. And then you have the audacity to – to complain about poor housing in a run-down community. Why you run it down yourself when you take your dollar out.

"And you and I are in a double-trap, because not only do we lose by taking our money someplace else and spending it, when we try and spend it in our own community we’re trapped because we haven’t had sense enough to set up stores and control the businesses of our community. The man who’s controlling the stores in our community is a man who doesn’t look like we do. He’s a man who doesn’t even live in the community. So you and I, even when we try and spend our money in the block where we live or the area where we live, we’re spending it with a man who, when the sun goes down, takes that basket full of money in another part of the town.https://www.facebook.com/notes/afrikan-centered-education/malcolm-x-on-the-keys-to-economic-empowerment-in-our-communities-and-what-traps-/449763491781579


Once you and I go into business and own and operate at least the businesses in our community, what we will be doing is developing a situation wherein, we will actually be able to create employment for the people in the community.- MalcolmX

This has been your Social Literacy Buzz With Michelle Smith  Stay connected.
www.janursingservices.com  find me on Twitter | https://twitter.com/JaNursing   Leave a comment I  want to hear from you...................

 
 
 

Dr. Boyce Watkins Offers Financial Advice to The Breakfast Club 

 06/09/2016

 

 
Dame dash breakfast club INTERVIEW
https://youtu.be/w5vwYMroGzI
 https://youtu.be/t3G0lkNj_Z0

Dr. Boyce Watkins

@drboycewatkins1

 
http://www.microskills.ca/young-entrepreneurship-program/
 http://www.microskills.ca/
 

Popular posts from this blog

Waist Trainers What You Should know Knowledge Is Power

Bye Felicia ! A Guide to Removing Emotional Vampires out of Your life

The African Entertainment Awards 2015 NOMINATIONS NOW IN CAST YOUR VOTE

Have You Heard That Eating Kale Is Bad For You? Find Out More

Are You Asking The Right Health Care Questions?

Are You thinking of seeing a Naturopath or a Homeopath?