Whats's In Your Cup?






What's in My cup?
I've been on a smoothies  hunt since 2014 started.

I must confess I started juicing but the clean up got to me. So I went back to my blender and hit that liquify button like crazy. 

Sometimes when I'm working a lot I just decide to give my body some liquid fuel. So I go on my smoothies. It's been quite interesting that my taste buds have just grown to like my greens, having me feeling like Popeye the sailer girl. So here's some of my faves of the week oh wait it's just Tuesday lol 

Found  an avocado smoothie. Hmmm
Why use avocados? Well it has 
Anti-Inflammatory Benefits. The ability of the avocado to help prevent unwanted inflammation is absolutely unquestionable in the world of health research. The term "anti-inflammatory" is a term that truly applies to this delicious food. Avocado's anti-inflammatory nutrients. It's funny back home they call it (Pear).

How does that sound well let's see all the nutrients that avocados have:

 Avocado's have a  super-high potassium content, it’s just the right thing, along with bananas.


The Advocado Banana Smoothie 
Ingredients

1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted 

1/2 large banana

Add some ice 

3/4 to 1 cup (125ml) coconut water/ water depending on your preferred thickness

Alternate use of 
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon,

Directions
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and frothy. 



Today I felt like I needed to boost my immune system and detox a bit, ask me why well during the end of the month my body feels sluggish so I add ginger to my smoothies kale of course and today apple, pear and  lime.

FYI calories is calories even if it's in liquid format so watch what you put in your Smoothie.




As with all smoothies, feel free to adjust ingredient quantities to your personal taste. You can make your smoothies  without a high-powered blender  it just won't be as smooth.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 medium apple, cored and roughly chopped (peeled if not using a high-powered blender)

5 1/4-inch slices cucumber (remove skin)
Juice of half a lemon

tablespoon roughly chopped fresh ginger

1 large handful baby kale, spinach, or other green of your choice
1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
Water

INSTRUCTIONS
Freeze the apple, cucumber, lemon, and ginger. Add the frozen mixture to a high-powered blender along with the kale. Add enough water to get it moving and blend on high. Add additional water to reach desired consistency. Serve right away.

Notes
If you don't freeze some of the ingredients ahead of time, just substitute ice for half of the water to make sure the smoothie stays cold as it blends.




You can add honey if you would like, I make my base with just water even though you can use almond milk,coconut water, orange juice or basically any liquid. I limit the sweets in my smoothies.


Since I added information about CHIA


Here's a quick run down of the Health Benefits of Chia Seeds try to add them in to your smoothies


Research into the health benefits of chia  this is a potent superfood. The healthful nutrients in chia seeds are good for your overall health, but there are also some specific benefits that you can expect to see if you add them into your smoothie diet.

Weight Loss: Chia seeds can be a beneficial aspect of any weight loss program because of their ability to keep you feeling full. Because chia seeds can help to keep your blood sugar from spiking and dropping and because they are high in fiber, you will experience reduced hunger when you add them to your smoothies.

Energy: The nutrient combination and in chia seeds are known to provide you with long-lasting energy. 

Pain Relief: Chia seeds  have been known to relieve joint pain and irritated skin.

Heart Attack and Stroke: Chia seeds act as a mild blood thinner when consumed regularly. This means that it can help to prevent the clots that lead to heart attacks and strokes.

Blood Sugar: You will find that eating chia has a positive effect on your blood sugar levels. Chia seeds are low on the glycemic index. When you eat it with other foods, it can help to decrease the damaging spike in blood sugar levels that you often get up to an hour after eating. This will have the added benefit of reducing your later sugar drop.

Blood Pressure: High blood pressure one of societies big concerns which can lead to stroke and normally can hit alongside diabetes.  Research has indicated that diabetic patients consuming 40 grams of chia seeds per day experienced significantly reduced blood pressure

Digestion: Chia seeds are a great aid to proper digestion because they are so high in fiber. They have nearly 28 percent more fiber than flax seeds and have both soluble and insoluble fiber. This slows your digestive process down, allowing it to function properly and keeping you regular.

Cholesterol: Several nutritional components of chia seeds contribute to lowering your bad cholesterol levels and raising the amount of good cholesterol in your blood. These include fiber, long chain tricglycerides, and linoleic acid.

You can find chia seeds at bulk barn 




Happy blending and remember share with me Whats's in Your Cup

Find me on Instagram @Janursing_
Twitter @JaNursing
Facebook JANursing 

Don't be shy like my page JA Smith Consulting And Nursing Services hit 👍like 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waist Trainers What You Should know Knowledge Is Power

Bye Felicia ! A Guide to Removing Emotional Vampires out of Your life

The African Entertainment Awards 2015 NOMINATIONS NOW IN CAST YOUR VOTE

Have You Heard That Eating Kale Is Bad For You? Find Out More

Are You Asking The Right Health Care Questions?

Are You thinking of seeing a Naturopath or a Homeopath?